Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Business/Commerce at Indiana State University

Find Schools Near

General Business/Commerce at Indiana State University

The General Business/Commerce major is part of the business, management & marketing program at Indiana State University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how Indiana State ranks in comparison to other schools with general business programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General Business/Commerce Degrees Available at Indiana State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in General Business

Indiana State General Business Rankings

The general business major at Indiana State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Business/Commerce. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Popularity of General Business at Indiana State

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Indiana State University handed out 63 bachelor's degrees in general business/commerce. Due to this, the school was ranked #138 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 19% over the previous year when 53 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do General Business Graduates from Indiana State Make?

Salary of General Business Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

General Business majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Indiana State go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $34,800 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $39,500 for all general business students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do General Business Graduates from Indiana State Have?

Student Debt of General Business Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Indiana State, general business students borrow a median amount of $24,527 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all general business bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $26,000.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the general business program at Indiana State is $255 per month.

Indiana State General Business Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the general business majors at Indiana State University.

Indiana State General Business/Commerce Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 63 students earned a bachelor's degree in general business from Indiana State. About 41% of these graduates were women and the other 59% were men.

Indiana State Gender Breakdown of General Business/Commerce Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Indiana State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 67% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Indiana State University with a bachelor's in general business.

Ethnic Diversity of General Business/Commerce Majors at Indiana State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 12
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 42
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 2

Areas of Concentration for General Business

General Business/Commerce students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Business/Commerce 63

Related Major Annual Graduates
Business Administration & Management 95
Human Resource Management 90
Marketing 41
Finance & Financial Management 40
Construction Management 40

View All General Business/Commerce Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You