College Factual  by our College Data Analytics Team
       Unbiased Factual Guarantee

Communication & Journalism at Johns Hopkins University

149 Master's Degrees
#6 Overall Quality
We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how Johns Hopkins ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in communication and journalism.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at Johns Hopkins

Johns Hopkins Communication & Journalism Rankings

Ranked at #6 in College Factual's most recent rankings, Johns Hopkins is in the top 1% of the country for communication and journalism students pursuing a bachelor's degree.

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at Johns Hopkins

Due to this, the school was ranked #210 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree.

In 2021, 149 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from Johns Hopkins. This makes it the #14 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

Communication & Journalism Student Diversity at Johns Hopkins

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Johns Hopkins University.

Johns Hopkins Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

The communication and journalism program at Johns Hopkins awarded 149 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 21% of these degrees went to men with the other 79% going to women.


The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 21
Hispanic or Latino 11
White 58
Non-Resident Aliens 43
Other Races 7

Communication & Journalism Majors

Communication and Journalism students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Communication & Media Studies 151

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 1,364
Education 916
Psychology 93
History 47
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 18

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >


More about our data sources and methodologies.

Popular Reports

College Rankings
Best by Location
Degree Guides by Major
Graduate Programs

Compare Your School Options