Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Recreation Administration at Johnson & Wales University - Providence

Find Schools Near

Recreation Administration at Johnson & Wales University - Providence

The Recreation Administration major is part of the parks, recreation, leisure, & fitness studies program at Johnson & Wales University - Providence.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how JWU Providence ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in recreation admin.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Recreation Administration Degrees Available at JWU Providence

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Admin

JWU Providence Recreation Admin Rankings

The recreation admin major at JWU Providence is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Recreation Administration. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Recreation Administration 1
Most Focused Colleges for Recreation Administration 3

Popularity of Recreation Admin at JWU Providence

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Johnson & Wales University - Providence handed out 173 bachelor's degrees in recreation administration. Due to this, the school was ranked #1 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 11% over the previous year when 195 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Recreation Admin Graduates from JWU Providence Make?

Salary of Recreation Admin Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Recreation Admin majors who earn their bachelor's degree from JWU Providence go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $31,600 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $29,800 for all recreation admin bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Recreation Admin Graduates from JWU Providence Have?

Student Debt of Recreation Admin Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at JWU Providence, recreation admin students borrow a median amount of $27,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,360 for all recreation admin majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the recreation admin program at JWU Providence is $280 per month.

Recreation Admin Student Diversity at JWU Providence

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the recreation admin majors at Johnson & Wales University - Providence.

JWU Providence Recreation Administration Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 173 students earned a bachelor's degree in recreation admin from JWU Providence. About 78% of these graduates were women and the other 22% were men.

JWU Providence Gender Breakdown of Recreation Administration Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at JWU Providence are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 78% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Johnson & Wales University - Providence with a bachelor's in recreation admin.

Ethnic Diversity of Recreation Administration Majors at Johnson & Wales University - Providence
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 135
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 15

Areas of Concentration for Recreation Admin

Recreation Administration students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Parks, Recreation & Leisure Facilities Management 173

References

Find Schools Near You