Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at Metropolitan State University

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at Metropolitan State University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Metropolitan State University ranks in comparison to other schools with computer and information sciences programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at Metropolitan State University

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

Metropolitan State University Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at Metropolitan State University was ranked #427 on College Factual's Best Schools for computer and information sciences list. It is also ranked #13 in Minnesota.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Computer & Information Sciences Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 126
Most Focused Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 278
Highest Paid Computer & Information Sciences Graduates 550

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at Metropolitan State University

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Metropolitan State University handed out 185 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #147 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 35% over the previous year when 137 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 30 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from Metropolitan State University. This makes it the #270 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Diversity at Metropolitan State University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Metropolitan State University.

Metropolitan State University Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

Of the 185 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in computer and information sciences from Metropolitan State University in 2018, 85% were men and 15% were women.

Metropolitan State University Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Metropolitan State University with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Metropolitan State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 47
Black or African American 38
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 86
Non-Resident Aliens 6
Other Races 4

Metropolitan State University Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

The computer and information sciences program at Metropolitan State University awarded 30 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 67% of these degrees went to men with the other 33% going to women.

Metropolitan State University Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Metropolitan State University with a master's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Metropolitan State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 9
Non-Resident Aliens 10
Other Races 2

Areas of Concentration for Computer & Information Sciences

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Computer Science 85
Computer Information Systems 66
Information Science 37
Information Technology 24
Computer Programming 4
Computer Software & Applications 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 50
Physical Sciences 18
Mathematics & Statistics 10
Natural Resources & Conservation 1

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You