Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Mississippi College

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Mississippi College

The General Biology major is part of the biological & biomedical sciences program at Mississippi College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how MC ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biology.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at MC

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
  • Master’s Degree in Biology

MC Biology Rankings

The bachelor's program at MC was ranked #348 on College Factual's Best Schools for biology list. It is also ranked #3 in Mississippi.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Biology Colleges for Veterans 200
Best Colleges for General Biology 348
Most Popular Colleges for General Biology 444
Highest Paid General Biology Graduates 598

Popularity of Biology at MC

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Mississippi College handed out 74 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #444 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 48% over the previous year when 50 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 169 students received their master’s degree in biology from MC. This makes it the #4 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.

Salary of Biology Graduates with a Master's Degree

Graduates of the master's biology program at MC make a median salary of $26,200. This is less than what their typical peers from other schools make. Their median salary is $36,800.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from MC Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at MC, biology students borrow a median amount of $24,973 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,715 for all biology majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at MC is $259 per month.

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Master's Degree

At MC, a typical biology student working on their master's degree borrrows about $45,958 in student loans. This is not favorable since the median amount of student debt for all biology master's graduates is $34,500.

undefined

Those master's students from MC on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $536 per month.

MC Biology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Mississippi College.

MC General Biology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 74 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from MC. About 54% of these graduates were women and the other 46% were men.

MC Gender Breakdown of General Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 80% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Mississippi College with a bachelor's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at Mississippi College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 59
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

MC General Biology Master’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 40% of biology master's degrees went to men and 60% went to women.

MC Gender Breakdown of General Biology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Mississippi College with a master's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at Mississippi College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 20
Black or African American 56
Hispanic or Latino 13
White 71
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 4

Areas of Concentration for Biology

General Biology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Biomedical Sciences 194
Biology Studies 49

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 3

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You