Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Chemical Engineering at Mississippi State University

Find Schools Near

Chemical Engineering at Mississippi State University

The Chemical Engineering major is part of the engineering program at Mississippi State University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how Mississippi State ranks among other schools offering degrees in chem eng.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Chemical Engineering Degrees Available at Mississippi State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Chem Eng
  • Master’s Degree in Chem Eng

Mississippi State Chem Eng Rankings

The bachelor's program at Mississippi State was ranked #119 on College Factual's Best Schools for chem eng list. It is also ranked #1 in Mississippi.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Chemical Engineering Graduates 46
Best Colleges for Chemical Engineering 119

Popularity of Chem Eng at Mississippi State

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Mississippi State University handed out 85 bachelor's degrees in chemical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #41 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 2% over the previous year when 87 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 1 students received their master’s degree in chem eng from Mississippi State. This makes it the #119 most popular school for chem eng master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Chem Eng Graduates from Mississippi State Make?

Salary of Chem Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Chem Eng majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Mississippi State go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $74,200 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $64,750 for all chem eng bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Chem Eng Graduates from Mississippi State Have?

Student Debt of Chem Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Mississippi State, chem eng students borrow a median amount of $22,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all chem eng bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,500.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the chem eng program at Mississippi State is $228 per month.

Chem Eng Student Diversity at Mississippi State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the chem eng majors at Mississippi State University.

Mississippi State Chemical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 85 students earned a bachelor's degree in chem eng from Mississippi State. About 34% of these graduates were women and the other 66% were men.

Mississippi State Gender Breakdown of Chemical Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Mississippi State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 86% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Mississippi State University with a bachelor's in chem eng.

Ethnic Diversity of Chemical Engineering Majors at Mississippi State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 73
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 0

Mississippi State Chemical Engineering Master’s Program

All of the 1 students who graduated with a Master’s in chem eng from Mississippi State in 2018 were men.

Mississippi State Gender Breakdown of Chemical Engineering Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Mississippi State University with a master's in chem eng.

Ethnic Diversity of Chemical Engineering Majors at Mississippi State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Chem Eng

Chemical Engineering students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Chemical Engineering 86

Related Major Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 177
Civil Engineering 110
Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering 90
Biomedical Engineering 87
Electrical Engineering 62

View All Chemical Engineering Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You