Chemical Engineering at Montana State Universityengineering program at Montana State University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how MSU Bozeman ranks in comparison to other schools with chem eng programs.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Chemical Engineering Degrees Available at MSU Bozeman
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chem Eng
- Master’s Degree in Chem Eng
- Doctorate Degree in Chem Eng
MSU Bozeman Chem Eng Rankings
Popularity of Chem Eng at MSU Bozeman
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Montana State University handed out 112 bachelor's degrees in chemical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #25 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 38% over the previous year when 81 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 8 students received their master’s degree in chem eng from MSU Bozeman. This makes it the #64 most popular school for chem eng master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 3 students received their doctoral degrees in chem eng in 2019, making the school the #90 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Chem Eng Graduates from MSU Bozeman Make?
Salary of Chem Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Chem Eng majors who earn their bachelor's degree from MSU Bozeman go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $40,000 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $64,750 for all chem eng students.
How Much Student Debt Do Chem Eng Graduates from MSU Bozeman Have?
Student Debt of Chem Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at MSU Bozeman, chem eng students borrow a median amount of $21,147 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all chem eng bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,500.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the chem eng program at MSU Bozeman is $219 per month.
Chem Eng Student Diversity at MSU Bozeman
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the chem eng majors at Montana State University.
MSU Bozeman Chemical Engineering Bachelor’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 112 students earned a bachelor's degree in chem eng from MSU Bozeman. About 32% of these graduates were women and the other 68% were men.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 81% of 2019 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Montana State University with a bachelor's in chem eng.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||4|
MSU Bozeman Chemical Engineering Master’s Program
The chem eng program at MSU Bozeman awarded 8 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 62% of these degrees went to men with the other 38% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Montana State University with a master's in chem eng.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >