Communication & Journalism at Northeastern University
Jump to any of the following sections:
Featured Communication & Journalism Programs
Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.
BA in Communication
With an online bachelor's degree in communication you'll have the opportunity to pursue a multitude of career options. From journalism and social media, to public relations, advertising and mass media, earning your BA in communication will allow you to strategize and communicate your ideas. Learn More >
MA in Communication
Effective communicators are always in demand, no matter the industry. The Master's in Communication degree from Southern New Hampshire University is a cutting-edge program designed for forward-thinking professionals. Learn More >
BA in Communication - New Media
Explore the digital frontier as it relates to today's communications strategies with this specialized online bachelor's from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at Northeastern
Northeastern Communication & Journalism Rankings
Popularity of Communication & Journalism at Northeastern
During the 2020-2021 academic year, Northeastern University handed out 181 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #132 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 6% over the previous year when 193 degrees were handed out.
In 2021, 32 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from Northeastern. This makes it the #73 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.
Learn about other programs related to Communication & Journalism that might interest you.
BA in Communication - Public Relations
Prepare to develop your skills in building mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their public audiences. Learn More >
MA in Communication - New Media & Marketing
Keep your skills and knowledge at the forefront of new media technologies with this specialized online master's from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
MS in Marketing - New Media & Communications
Explore how emerging media impacts the study of culture, relationships and messages with this online master's from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
Communication & Journalism Student Diversity at Northeastern
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Northeastern University.
Northeastern Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 181 students earned a bachelor's degree in communication and journalism from Northeastern. About 78% of these graduates were women and the other 22% were men.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northeastern University with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||12|
|Hispanic or Latino||17|
Northeastern Communication & Journalism Master’s Program
Of the 32 students who graduated with a Master’s in communication and journalism from Northeastern in 2021, 19% were men and 81% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northeastern University with a master's in communication and journalism.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||4|
|Hispanic or Latino||3|
Communication & Journalism Majors
Communication and Journalism students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.
|Communication & Media Studies||142|
|Communication & Journalism (Other)||11|
Majors Similar to Communication & Journalism
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies||3|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >