Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at Rochester Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at Rochester Institute of Technology

Information Technology is one of the majors in the computer & information sciences program at Rochester Institute of Technology.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how RIT ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in IT.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Information Technology Degrees Available at RIT

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IT
  • Master’s Degree in IT

RIT IT Rankings

The bachelor's program at RIT was ranked #1 on College Factual's Best Schools for IT list. It is also ranked #1 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Information Technology Graduates 1
Best Information Technology Colleges for Veterans 2
Most Popular Colleges for Information Technology 34
Most Focused Colleges for Information Technology 211

Popularity of IT at RIT

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Rochester Institute of Technology handed out 74 bachelor's degrees in information technology. Due to this, the school was ranked #34 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 95% over the previous year when 38 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 26 students received their master’s degree in IT from RIT. This makes it the #53 most popular school for IT master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do IT Graduates from RIT Make?

Salary of IT Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of IT students who receive their bachelor's degree at RIT is $83,600. This is higher than $46,100, which is the national median for all IT bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do IT Graduates from RIT Have?

Student Debt of IT Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at RIT, IT students borrow a median amount of $27,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all IT bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $36,177.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the IT program at RIT is $280 per month.

IT Student Diversity at RIT

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at Rochester Institute of Technology.

RIT Information Technology Bachelor’s Program

The IT program at RIT awarded 74 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 93% of these degrees went to men with the other 7% going to women.

RIT Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 78% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in IT.

Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Rochester Institute of Technology
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 58
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 3

RIT Information Technology Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 26 students earned a master's degree in IT from RIT. About 23% of these graduates were women and the other 77% were men.

RIT Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a master's in IT.

Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Rochester Institute of Technology
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 9
Non-Resident Aliens 15
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer Science 277
Computer Software & Applications 221
Computer Information Systems 144
Computer Systems Networking 49
Computer Programming 25

View All Information Technology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You