Electrical Engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology

Electrical Engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology

Electrical Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at Rochester Institute of Technology.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how RIT ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in EE.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Electrical Engineering Degrees Available at RIT

RIT EE Rankings

The bachelor's program at RIT was ranked #84 on College Factual's Best Schools for EE list. It is also ranked #8 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 17
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 18
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 34
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 34
Best Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 72
Best Electrical Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 77
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 211
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 266

Popularity of EE at RIT

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Rochester Institute of Technology handed out 138 bachelor's degrees in electrical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #29 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 17% over the previous year when 118 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 81 students received their master’s degree in EE from RIT. This makes it the #42 most popular school for EE master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do EE Graduates from RIT Make?

Salary of EE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

EE majors who earn their bachelor's degree from RIT go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $68,100 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $66,600 for all EE bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do EE Graduates from RIT Have?

Student Debt of EE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at RIT, EE students borrow a median amount of $27,250 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,713 for all EE majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the EE program at RIT is $283 per month.

Student Debt of EE Graduates with a Master's Degree

At RIT, a typical EE student working on their master's degree borrrows about $19,111 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical EE graduate who borrows a median amount of $21,869.

undefined

Those master's students from RIT on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $223 per month.

EE Student Diversity at RIT

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the EE majors at Rochester Institute of Technology.

RIT Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

The EE program at RIT awarded 138 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 89% of these degrees went to men with the other 11% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 69% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in EE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 14
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 95
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 9

RIT Electrical Engineering Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 87 students earned a master's degree in EE from RIT. About 30% of these graduates were women and the other 70% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a master's in EE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 31
Non-Resident Aliens 50
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 273
Computer Engineering 260
Industrial Engineering 112
Biomedical Engineering 66
Chemical Engineering 55

View All Electrical Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You