Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Social Sciences at Salve Regina University

Find Schools Near

Social Sciences at Salve Regina University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how Salve Regina ranks among other schools offering degrees in social sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Social Sciences Degrees Available at Salve Regina

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Social Sciences

Salve Regina Social Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at Salve Regina was ranked #436 on College Factual's Best Schools for social sciences list. It is also ranked #5 in Rhode Island.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Social Sciences Graduates 129
Best Colleges for Social Sciences 436
Best Social Sciences Colleges for Veterans 591
Best Value Colleges for Social Sciences 598
Most Focused Colleges for Social Sciences 727
Most Popular Colleges for Social Sciences 829

Popularity of Social Sciences at Salve Regina

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Salve Regina University handed out 33 bachelor's degrees in social sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #829 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 57% over the previous year when 21 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 23 students received their master’s degree in social sciences from Salve Regina. This makes it the #192 most popular school for social sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

Social Sciences Student Diversity at Salve Regina

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social sciences majors at Salve Regina University.

Salve Regina Social Sciences Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 45% of social sciences bachelor's degrees went to men and 55% went to women.

Salve Regina Gender Breakdown of Social Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Salve Regina are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 73% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Salve Regina University with a bachelor's in social sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Social Sciences Majors at Salve Regina University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 24
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 3

Salve Regina Social Sciences Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 23 students earned a master's degree in social sciences from Salve Regina. About 22% of these graduates were women and the other 78% were men.

Salve Regina Gender Breakdown of Social Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Salve Regina University with a master's in social sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Social Sciences Majors at Salve Regina University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 10
Other Races 4

Areas of Concentration for Social Sciences

Social Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
International Relations & National Security 24
Economics 19
Political Science & Government 9
Sociology 5

Related Major Annual Graduates
Psychology 118
Education 73
Communication & Journalism 21
History 12
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 2

View All Social Sciences Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You