Nursing at San Diego State Universityhealth professions program at San Diego State University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how SDSU ranks among other schools offering degrees in nursing.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Nursing Degrees Available at SDSU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
SDSU Nursing Rankings
Popularity of Nursing at SDSU
During the 2018-2019 academic year, San Diego State University handed out 177 bachelor's degrees in nursing. Due to this, the school was ranked #330 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. Last year, the same number of degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 12 students received their master’s degree in nursing from SDSU. This makes it the #467 most popular school for nursing master’s degree candidates in the country.
How Much Do Nursing Graduates from SDSU Make?
Salary of Nursing Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of nursing students who receive their bachelor's degree at SDSU is $85,200. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $61,050 for all nursing bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Nursing Graduates from SDSU Have?
Student Debt of Nursing Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at SDSU, nursing students borrow a median amount of $19,122 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all nursing bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,387.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the nursing program at SDSU is $198 per month.
Nursing Student Diversity at SDSU
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nursing majors at San Diego State University.
SDSU Nursing Bachelor’s Program
The nursing program at SDSU awarded 177 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 17% of these degrees went to men with the other 83% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from San Diego State University with a bachelor's in nursing.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||2|
|Hispanic or Latino||48|
SDSU Nursing Master’s Program
Of the 12 students who graduated with a Master’s in nursing from SDSU in 2019, 8% were men and 92% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from San Diego State University with a master's in nursing.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||2|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions||84|
|Health Sciences & Services||77|
|Allied Health Professions||27|
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- Image Credit: By Wikipedia User:Geographer under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >