Mathematics & Statistics at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Mathematics & Statistics at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how SRU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in mathematics and statistics.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Mathematics & Statistics Degrees Available at SRU

SRU Mathematics & Statistics Rankings

The bachelor's program at SRU was ranked #217 on College Factual's Best Schools for mathematics and statistics list. It is also ranked #14 in Pennsylvania.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 12
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 42
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 58
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 112
Best Mathematics & Statistics Master’s Degree Schools 130
Best Mathematics & Statistics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 221
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 274
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 477

Popularity of Mathematics & Statistics at SRU

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania handed out 25 bachelor's degrees in mathematics and statistics. Due to this, the school was ranked #226 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 79% over the previous year when 14 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 32 students received their master’s degree in mathematics and statistics from SRU. This makes it the #92 most popular school for mathematics and statistics master’s degree candidates in the country.

SRU Mathematics & Statistics Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the mathematics and statistics majors at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.

SRU Mathematics & Statistics Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 25 students earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics and statistics from SRU. About 68% of these graduates were women and the other 32% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 92% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in mathematics and statistics.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 23
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

SRU Mathematics & Statistics Master’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 48% of mathematics and statistics master's degrees went to men and 52% went to women.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at SRU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 84% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania with a master's in mathematics and statistics.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 21
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Mathematics & Statistics Majors

Mathematics and Statistics students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Mathematics 41
Applied Mathematics 9

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering Technologies 184
Computer & Information Sciences 92
Physical Sciences 42
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 36
Natural Resources & Conservation 20

View All Mathematics & Statistics Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You