Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at Southern Methodist University

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at Southern Methodist University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how SMU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in computer and information sciences.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at SMU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

SMU Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

SMU is in the top 10% of the country for computer and information sciences. More specifically it was ranked #46 out of 601 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #4 in Texas.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Computer & Information Sciences Graduates 11
Best Computer & Information Sciences Colleges for Veterans 61
Most Popular Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 458

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at SMU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Southern Methodist University handed out 46 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #458 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 12% over the previous year when 41 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 176 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from SMU. This makes it the #68 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 3 students received their doctoral degrees in computer and information sciences in 2018, making the school the #138 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Diversity at SMU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Southern Methodist University.

SMU Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 46 students earned a bachelor's degree in computer and information sciences from SMU. About 22% of these graduates were women and the other 78% were men.

SMU Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at SMU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 52% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Southern Methodist University with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Southern Methodist University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 10
White 24
Non-Resident Aliens 7
Other Races 1

SMU Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 176 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer and information sciences from SMU. About 69% were men and 31% were women.

SMU Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Southern Methodist University with a master's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Southern Methodist University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 23
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 16
White 79
Non-Resident Aliens 50
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for Computer & Information Sciences

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Information Science 109
Computer Science 77
Computer Systems Analysis 32
Information Technology 7

Majors Similar to Computer & Information Sciences

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 426
Mathematics & Statistics 232
Engineering Technologies 184
Communications Technologies & Support 79
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 75

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You