Business/Managerial Economics at The University of Alabamabusiness, management & marketing program at The University of Alabama.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UA ranks in comparison to other schools with managerial economics programs.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Business/Managerial Economics Degrees Available at UA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Managerial Economics
- Master’s Degree in Managerial Economics
- Doctorate Degree in Managerial Economics
UA Managerial Economics Rankings
|Best Business/Managerial Economics Colleges for Veterans||1|
|Best Colleges for Business/Managerial Economics||6|
|Best Value Colleges for Business/Managerial Economics||8|
Popularity of Managerial Economics at UA
During the 2018-2019 academic year, The University of Alabama handed out 164 bachelor's degrees in business/managerial economics. Due to this, the school was ranked #4 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 4% over the previous year when 170 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 33 students received their master’s degree in managerial economics from UA. This makes it the #1 most popular school for managerial economics master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 4 students received their doctoral degrees in managerial economics in 2019, making the school the #5 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Managerial Economics Graduates from UA Make?
Salary of Managerial Economics Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of managerial economics students who receive their bachelor's degree at UA is $53,000. This is higher than $44,300, which is the national median for all managerial economics bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Managerial Economics Graduates from UA Have?
Student Debt of Managerial Economics Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at UA, managerial economics students borrow a median amount of $20,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all managerial economics bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $21,140.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the managerial economics program at UA is $208 per month.
Managerial Economics Student Diversity at UA
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the managerial economics majors at The University of Alabama.
UA Business/Managerial Economics Bachelor’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 164 students earned a bachelor's degree in managerial economics from UA. About 35% of these graduates were women and the other 65% were men.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UA are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 80% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from The University of Alabama with a bachelor's in managerial economics.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||5|
|Hispanic or Latino||11|
UA Business/Managerial Economics Master’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 33 students earned a master's degree in managerial economics from UA. About 27% of these graduates were women and the other 73% were men.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 76% of 2019 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from The University of Alabama with a master's in managerial economics.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Majors Similar to Managerial Economics
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Business Administration & Management||588|
|Finance & Financial Management||492|
|Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods||152|
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- Image Credit: By Deutschlandreform under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >