Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Anthropology at University of California - Davis

Find Schools Near

Anthropology at University of California - Davis

The Anthropology major is part of the social sciences program at University of California - Davis.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UC Davis ranks in comparison to other schools with anthropology programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Anthropology Degrees Available at UC Davis

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Master’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Doctorate Degree in Anthropology

UC Davis Anthropology Rankings

UC Davis is in the top 10% of the country for anthropology. More specifically it was ranked #13 out of 125 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #5 in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Anthropology 9
Best Colleges for Anthropology 13
Best Anthropology Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 17
Highest Paid Anthropology Graduates 25
Best Anthropology Colleges for Veterans 34
Best Value Colleges for Anthropology 65

Popularity of Anthropology at UC Davis

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of California - Davis handed out 87 bachelor's degrees in anthropology. Due to this, the school was ranked #9 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 13% over the previous year when 77 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 7 students received their master’s degree in anthropology from UC Davis. This makes it the #58 most popular school for anthropology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 9 students received their doctoral degrees in anthropology in 2019, making the school the #14 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Anthropology Graduates from UC Davis Make?

Salary of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of anthropology students who receive their bachelor's degree at UC Davis is $27,800. This is higher than $23,750, which is the national median for all anthropology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Anthropology Graduates from UC Davis Have?

Student Debt of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UC Davis, anthropology students borrow a median amount of $14,640 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all anthropology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,752.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the anthropology program at UC Davis is $152 per month.

UC Davis Anthropology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at University of California - Davis.

UC Davis Anthropology Bachelor’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 87 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in anthropology from UC Davis. About 21% were men and 79% were women.

UC Davis Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California - Davis with a bachelor's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at University of California - Davis
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 18
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 24
White 33
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 8

UC Davis Anthropology Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 7 students earned a master's degree in anthropology from UC Davis. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men.

UC Davis Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California - Davis with a master's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at University of California - Davis
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Economics 562
Sociology 287
Political Science & Government 275
International Relations & National Security 163
Geography & Cartography 11

View All Anthropology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You