General Psychology at University of California - Los Angelespsychology program at University of California - Los Angeles.
We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how UCLA ranks among other schools offering degrees in psychology.
Jump to any of the following sections:
General Psychology Degrees Available at UCLA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
- Master’s Degree in Psychology
- Doctorate Degree in Psychology
UCLA Psychology Rankings
In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for psychology majors, UCLA came in at #12. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in California.
|Most Popular Colleges for General Psychology||11|
|Best General Psychology Colleges for Non-Traditional Students||24|
|Highest Paid General Psychology Graduates||207|
Popularity of Psychology at UCLA
During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of California - Los Angeles handed out 635 bachelor's degrees in general psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #11 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 7% over the previous year when 592 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 33 students received their master’s degree in psychology from UCLA. This makes it the #35 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 29 students received their doctoral degrees in psychology in 2019, making the school the #6 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Psychology Graduates from UCLA Make?
Salary of Psychology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of psychology students who receive their bachelor's degree at UCLA is $30,000. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $27,900 for all psychology bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Psychology Graduates from UCLA Have?
Student Debt of Psychology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at UCLA, psychology students borrow a median amount of $13,918 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all psychology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,991.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the psychology program at UCLA is $144 per month.
UCLA Psychology Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at University of California - Los Angeles.
UCLA General Psychology Bachelor’s Program
The psychology program at UCLA awarded 635 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 21% of these degrees went to men with the other 79% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California - Los Angeles with a bachelor's in psychology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||27|
|Hispanic or Latino||165|
UCLA General Psychology Master’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 33 students earned a master's degree in psychology from UCLA. About 73% of these graduates were women and the other 27% were men.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California - Los Angeles with a master's in psychology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||4|
Most Popular Majors Related to Psychology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Child Development & Psychology||366|
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- Image Credit: By Nikhil Kulkarni under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >