Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at University of California - Santa Barbara

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at University of California - Santa Barbara

The Computer Science major is part of the computer & information sciences program at University of California - Santa Barbara.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UCSB ranks in comparison to other schools with compsci programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer Science Degrees Available at UCSB

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
  • Master’s Degree in CompSci
  • Doctorate Degree in CompSci

UCSB CompSci Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for compsci majors, UCSB came in at #10. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #4 in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Computer Science Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 8
Best Computer Science Colleges for Veterans 10
Most Popular Colleges for Computer Science 62
Best Value Colleges for Computer Science 75

Popularity of CompSci at UCSB

During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of California - Santa Barbara handed out 138 bachelor's degrees in computer science. Due to this, the school was ranked #62 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 35% over the previous year when 102 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 20 students received their master’s degree in compsci from UCSB. This makes it the #119 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 19 students received their doctoral degrees in compsci in 2018, making the school the #14 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do CompSci Graduates from UCSB Make?

Salary of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of compsci students who receive their bachelor's degree at UCSB is $77,900. This is higher than $63,700, which is the national median for all compsci bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do CompSci Graduates from UCSB Have?

Student Debt of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UCSB, compsci students borrow a median amount of $15,512 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all compsci bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,812.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the compsci program at UCSB is $161 per month.

UCSB CompSci Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at University of California - Santa Barbara.

UCSB Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

Of the 138 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in compsci from UCSB in 2018, 88% were men and 12% were women.

UCSB Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California - Santa Barbara with a bachelor's in compsci.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at University of California - Santa Barbara
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 44
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 13
White 47
Non-Resident Aliens 17
Other Races 16

UCSB Computer Science Master’s Program

The compsci program at UCSB awarded 20 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 85% of these degrees went to men with the other 15% going to women.

UCSB Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California - Santa Barbara with a master's in compsci.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at University of California - Santa Barbara
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 9
Non-Resident Aliens 7
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for CompSci

Computer Science students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Computer Science 177

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You