Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at University of Denver

Find Schools Near

General Biology at University of Denver

The General Biology major is part of the biological & biomedical sciences program at University of Denver.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how U of Denver ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at U of Denver

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
  • Master’s Degree in Biology
  • Doctorate Degree in Biology

U of Denver Biology Rankings

The bachelor's program at U of Denver was ranked #147 on College Factual's Best Schools for biology list. It is also ranked #3 in Colorado.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for General Biology 147
Best General Biology Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 276
Most Popular Colleges for General Biology 364
Best Value Colleges for General Biology 409
Highest Paid General Biology Graduates 496
Most Focused Colleges for General Biology 768

Popularity of Biology at U of Denver

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of Denver handed out 67 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #364 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 4% over the previous year when 70 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 9 students received their master’s degree in biology from U of Denver. This makes it the #178 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 3 students received their doctoral degrees in biology in 2019, making the school the #120 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from U of Denver Make?

Salary of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Biology majors who earn their bachelor's degree from U of Denver go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $24,800 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $27,600 for all biology students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from U of Denver Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at U of Denver, biology students borrow a median amount of $21,836 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all biology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,715.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at U of Denver is $227 per month.

Biology Student Diversity at U of Denver

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at University of Denver.

U of Denver General Biology Bachelor’s Program

Of the 67 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in biology from U of Denver in 2019, 25% were men and 75% were women.

U of Denver Gender Breakdown of General Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at U of Denver are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 81% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Denver with a bachelor's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at University of Denver
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 54
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 3

U of Denver General Biology Master’s Program

The biology program at U of Denver awarded 9 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 33% of these degrees went to men with the other 67% going to women.

U of Denver Gender Breakdown of General Biology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at U of Denver are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 78% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Denver with a master's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at University of Denver
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to Biology

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 71
Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology 10

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You