Biological & Biomedical Sciences at University of Illinois at Chicago

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at University of Illinois at Chicago

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how UIC ranks in comparison to other schools with biological and biomedical sciences programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Degrees Available at UIC

UIC Biological & Biomedical Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at UIC was ranked #268 on College Factual's Best Schools for biological and biomedical sciences list. It is also ranked #8 in Illinois.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 43
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 72
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 125
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 138
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Doctor’s Degree Schools 144
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 163
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master’s Degree Schools 222
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 244
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 320
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 371
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 380
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 401

Popularity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences at UIC

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Illinois at Chicago handed out 530 bachelor's degrees in biological and biomedical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #52 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 7% over the previous year when 569 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 41 students received their master’s degree in biological and biomedical sciences from UIC. This makes it the #108 most popular school for biological and biomedical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 37 students received their doctoral degrees in biological and biomedical sciences in 2020, making the school the #73 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Student Diversity at UIC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biological and biomedical sciences majors at University of Illinois at Chicago.

UIC Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 530 students earned a bachelor's degree in biological and biomedical sciences from UIC. About 59% of these graduates were women and the other 41% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago with a bachelor's in biological and biomedical sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 182
Black or African American 36
Hispanic or Latino 100
White 167
Non-Resident Aliens 17
Other Races 28

UIC Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 26 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in biological and biomedical sciences from UIC. About 27% were men and 73% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago with a master's in biological and biomedical sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 13
Other Races 1

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors

Biological and Biomedical Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
General Biology 420
Neurobiology & Neurosciences 75
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 52
Biotechnology 19
Physiology & Pathology Sciences 6
Pharmacology & Toxicology 6
Biomathematics & Bioinformatics 6
Biological & Biomedical Sciences (Other) 4
Microbiological Sciences & Immunology 3
Cell Biology & Anatomical Sciences 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 915
Computer & Information Sciences 556
Mathematics & Statistics 109
Architecture & Related Services 80
Physical Sciences 80

View All Biological & Biomedical Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You