Civil Engineering at University of Illinois at Chicagoengineering program at University of Illinois at Chicago.
We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UIC ranks in comparison to other schools with civil eng programs.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Civil Engineering Degrees Available at UIC
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Eng
- Master’s Degree in Civil Eng
- Doctorate Degree in Civil Eng
UIC Civil Eng Rankings
Popularity of Civil Eng at UIC
During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of Illinois at Chicago handed out 70 bachelor's degrees in civil engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #78 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 12% over the previous year when 80 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 58 students received their master’s degree in civil eng from UIC. This makes it the #26 most popular school for civil eng master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 12 students received their doctoral degrees in civil eng in 2019, making the school the #38 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Civil Eng Graduates from UIC Make?
Salary of Civil Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Civil Eng majors who earn their bachelor's degree from UIC go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $59,600 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $58,200 for all civil eng bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Civil Eng Graduates from UIC Have?
Student Debt of Civil Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at UIC, civil eng students borrow a median amount of $21,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all civil eng bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,458.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the civil eng program at UIC is $223 per month.
UIC Civil Eng Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the civil eng majors at University of Illinois at Chicago.
UIC Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Program
The civil eng program at UIC awarded 70 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 76% of these degrees went to men with the other 24% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago with a bachelor's in civil eng.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||6|
|Hispanic or Latino||17|
UIC Civil Engineering Master’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 58 students earned a master's degree in civil eng from UIC. About 33% of these graduates were women and the other 67% were men.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago with a master's in civil eng.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||6|
Most Popular Majors Related to Civil Eng
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >