Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Animal Science at University of Kentucky

Find Schools Near

Animal Science at University of Kentucky

Animal Science is one of the majors in the agriculture & agriculture operations program at University of Kentucky.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how UK ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in animal science.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Animal Science Degrees Available at UK

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science
  • Master’s Degree in Animal Science
  • Doctorate Degree in Animal Science

UK Animal Science Rankings

The bachelor's program at UK was ranked #32 on College Factual's Best Schools for animal science list. It is also ranked #1 in Kentucky.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Animal Science Colleges for Veterans 26
Best Colleges for Animal Science 32
Highest Paid Animal Science Graduates 43
Most Focused Colleges for Animal Science 85

Popularity of Animal Science at UK

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of Kentucky handed out 59 bachelor's degrees in animal science. Due to this, the school was ranked #50 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 18% over the previous year when 72 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 8 students received their master’s degree in animal science from UK. This makes it the #22 most popular school for animal science master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 7 students received their doctoral degrees in animal science in 2019, making the school the #10 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Animal Science Graduates from UK Make?

Salary of Animal Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Animal Science majors who earn their bachelor's degree from UK go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $27,000 a year. This is less than $28,400, which is the national median of all animal science majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Animal Science Graduates from UK Have?

Student Debt of Animal Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UK, animal science students borrow a median amount of $23,250 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $20,685 for all animal science majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the animal science program at UK is $241 per month.

UK Animal Science Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the animal science majors at University of Kentucky.

UK Animal Science Bachelor’s Program

The animal science program at UK awarded 59 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 12% of these degrees went to men with the other 88% going to women.

UK Gender Breakdown of Animal Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 95% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Kentucky with a bachelor's in animal science.

Ethnic Diversity of Animal Science Majors at University of Kentucky
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 56
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

UK Animal Science Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 8 students earned a master's degree in animal science from UK. About 88% of these graduates were women and the other 12% were men.

UK Gender Breakdown of Animal Science Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at UK are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 62% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Kentucky with a master's in animal science.

Ethnic Diversity of Animal Science Majors at University of Kentucky
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 5
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Agricultural Production 73
Agricultural Economics & Business 66
Agricultural Public Services 42
Other Agriculture 27
Plant Sciences 20

View All Animal Science Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You