Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Engineering at University of Kentucky

Find Schools Near

Engineering at University of Kentucky

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how UK ranks among other schools offering degrees in engineering.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Engineering Degrees Available at UK

  • Certificate (Less Than 1 Year) in Engineering
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
  • Master’s Degree in Engineering
  • Doctorate Degree in Engineering

UK Engineering Rankings

The bachelor's program at UK was ranked #138 on College Factual's Best Schools for engineering list. It is also ranked #2 in Kentucky.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Engineering 67
Best Engineering Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 102
Best Engineering Colleges for Veterans 118
Best Colleges for Engineering 138
Best Value Colleges for Engineering 165
Highest Paid Engineering Graduates 191

Popularity of Engineering at UK

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of Kentucky handed out 528 bachelor's degrees in engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #67 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 1% over the previous year when 523 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 72 students received their master’s degree in engineering from UK. This makes it the #165 most popular school for engineering master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 51 students received their doctoral degrees in engineering in 2019, making the school the #71 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Engineering Student Diversity at UK

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the engineering majors at University of Kentucky.

UK Engineering Bachelor’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 528 engineering majors earned their bachelor's degree from UK. Of these graduates, 79% were men and 21% were women.

UK Gender Breakdown of Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 73% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Kentucky with a bachelor's in engineering.

Ethnic Diversity of Engineering Majors at University of Kentucky
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 16
Black or African American 21
Hispanic or Latino 18
White 385
Non-Resident Aliens 55
Other Races 33

UK Engineering Master’s Program

The engineering program at UK awarded 72 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 76% of these degrees went to men with the other 24% going to women.

UK Gender Breakdown of Engineering Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at UK are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 58% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Kentucky with a master's in engineering.

Ethnic Diversity of Engineering Majors at University of Kentucky
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 42
Non-Resident Aliens 17
Other Races 8

Engineering Majors

Engineering students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 208
Civil Engineering 121
Chemical Engineering 91
Electrical Engineering 89
Industrial Engineering 60
Agricultural Engineering 53
Computer Engineering 33
Materials Engineering 33
Mining Engineering 15
Biomedical Engineering 6
Manufacturing Engineering 2

Majors Similar to Engineering

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 413
Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 306
Computer & Information Sciences 200
Mathematics & Statistics 147
Physical Sciences 115

View All Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You