Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies at University of New England

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies at University of New England

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how UNE ranks among other schools offering degrees in parks and rec.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Degrees Available at UNE

UNE Parks & Rec Rankings

The bachelor's program at UNE was ranked #274 on College Factual's Best Schools for parks and rec list. It is also ranked #2 in Maine.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 263
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 328
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 543
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 559

Popularity of Parks & Rec at UNE

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of New England handed out 41 bachelor's degrees in parks, recreation, leisure, and fitness studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #395 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 20% over the previous year when 51 degrees were handed out.

UNE Parks & Rec Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the parks and rec majors at University of New England.

UNE Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Bachelor’s Program

The parks and rec program at UNE awarded 41 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 41% of these degrees went to men with the other 59% going to women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UNE are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 88% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of New England with a bachelor's in parks and rec.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 36
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 4

Parks & Rec Majors

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Health & Physical Education 41

Majors Similar to Parks & Rec

Related Major Annual Graduates
Public Administration & Social Service 240

View All Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You