Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at University of Notre Dame

Find Schools Near

General Biology at University of Notre Dame

The General Biology major is part of the biological & biomedical sciences program at University of Notre Dame.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how Notre Dame ranks among other schools offering degrees in biology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at Notre Dame

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
  • Master’s Degree in Biology
  • Doctorate Degree in Biology

Notre Dame Biology Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for biology majors, Notre Dame came in at #32. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #3 in Indiana.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for General Biology 32
Best Value Colleges for General Biology 286
Most Popular Colleges for General Biology 386
Most Focused Colleges for General Biology 1,212

Popularity of Biology at Notre Dame

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of Notre Dame handed out 62 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #386 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 15% over the previous year when 54 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 6 students received their master’s degree in biology from Notre Dame. This makes it the #234 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 22 students received their doctoral degrees in biology in 2019, making the school the #15 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Notre Dame Make?

Salary of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Notre Dame is $30,000. This is higher than $27,600, which is the national median for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from Notre Dame Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Notre Dame, biology students borrow a median amount of $19,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all biology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,715.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at Notre Dame is $197 per month.

Notre Dame Biology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at University of Notre Dame.

Notre Dame General Biology Bachelor’s Program

The biology program at Notre Dame awarded 62 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 42% of these degrees went to men with the other 58% going to women.

Notre Dame Gender Breakdown of General Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Notre Dame are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 66% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Notre Dame with a bachelor's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at University of Notre Dame
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 41
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 1

Notre Dame General Biology Master’s Program

Of the 6 students who graduated with a Master’s in biology from Notre Dame in 2019, 50% were men and 50% were women.

Notre Dame Gender Breakdown of General Biology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 83% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Notre Dame with a master's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at University of Notre Dame
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 5
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to Biology

Related Major Annual Graduates
Neurobiology & Neurosciences 112
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 37

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You