Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

Computer Science is one of the majors in the computer & information sciences program at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how UWM ranks in comparison to other schools with compsci programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Computer Science Degrees Available at UWM

UWM CompSci Rankings

The bachelor's program at UWM was ranked #276 on College Factual's Best Schools for compsci list. It is also ranked #7 in Wisconsin.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Online Computer Science Schools 5
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Science 112
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer Science 125
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Science 130
Best Computer Science Master’s Degree Schools 132
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer Science 143
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer Science 190
Best Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 227
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Science 472

Popularity of CompSci at UWM

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee handed out 69 bachelor's degrees in computer science. Due to this, the school was ranked #134 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 3% over the previous year when 71 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 15 students received their master’s degree in compsci from UWM. This makes it the #145 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do CompSci Graduates from UWM Make?

Salary of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of compsci students who receive their bachelor's degree at UWM is $51,500. This is less than $63,700, which is the national median of all compsci majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do CompSci Graduates from UWM Have?

Student Debt of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UWM, compsci students borrow a median amount of $26,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $22,813 for all compsci majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the compsci program at UWM is $270 per month.

CompSci Student Diversity at UWM

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee.

UWM Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 69 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in compsci from UWM. About 88% were men and 12% were women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UWM are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 67% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee with a bachelor's in compsci.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 11
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 46
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 3

UWM Computer Science Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 19 students earned a master's degree in compsci from UWM. About 21% of these graduates were women and the other 79% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee with a master's in compsci.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 10
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Information Science 192
Computer Information Systems 22

View All Computer Science Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You