Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Family, Consumer & Human Sciences at University of Wisconsin - Stout

Find Schools Near

Family, Consumer & Human Sciences at University of Wisconsin - Stout

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how UW - Stout ranks among other schools offering degrees in family, consumer and human sciences.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Degrees Available at UW - Stout

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Family, Consumer & Human Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Family, Consumer & Human Sciences

UW - Stout Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at UW - Stout was ranked #70 on College Factual's Best Schools for family, consumer and human sciences list. It is also ranked #2 in Wisconsin.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Online Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Schools 10
Best Value Colleges for Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 12
Most Popular Online Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Schools 18
Best Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Colleges for Veterans 31
Most Focused Colleges for Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 44
Most Popular Colleges for Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 62
Best Colleges for Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 70
Highest Paid Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Graduates 153

Popularity of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences at UW - Stout

During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of Wisconsin - Stout handed out 137 bachelor's degrees in family, consumer and human sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #62 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 4% over the previous year when 132 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 45 students received their master’s degree in family, consumer and human sciences from UW - Stout. This makes it the #13 most popular school for family, consumer and human sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

UW - Stout Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the family, consumer and human sciences majors at University of Wisconsin - Stout.

UW - Stout Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 9% of family, consumer and human sciences bachelor's degrees went to men and 91% went to women.

UW - Stout Gender Breakdown of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UW - Stout are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 91% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Wisconsin - Stout with a bachelor's in family, consumer and human sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Majors at University of Wisconsin - Stout
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 124
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

UW - Stout Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Master’s Program

The family, consumer and human sciences program at UW - Stout awarded 45 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 29% of these degrees went to men with the other 71% going to women.

UW - Stout Gender Breakdown of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Wisconsin - Stout with a master's in family, consumer and human sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Majors at University of Wisconsin - Stout
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 20
Non-Resident Aliens 22
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for Family, Consumer & Human Sciences

Family, Consumer and Human Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Human Development & Family Studies 103
Food, Nutrition & Related Services 57
Textile & Apparel Studies 22

Majors Similar to Family, Consumer & Human Sciences

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 350
Psychology 78
Social Sciences 42
Communication & Journalism 1

View All Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You