Social Sciences at Utah State University
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Social Sciences Degrees Available at USU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences
- Doctorate Degree in Social Sciences
USU Social Sciences Rankings
Popularity of Social Sciences at USU
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Utah State University handed out 518 bachelor's degrees in social sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #80 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 12% over the previous year when 462 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 32 students received their master’s degree in social sciences from USU. This makes it the #143 most popular school for social sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 6 students received their doctoral degrees in social sciences in 2019, making the school the #130 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
USU Social Sciences Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social sciences majors at Utah State University.
USU Social Sciences Bachelor’s Program
The social sciences program at USU awarded 518 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 53% of these degrees went to men with the other 47% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Utah State University with a bachelor's in social sciences.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||7|
|Hispanic or Latino||16|
USU Social Sciences Master’s Program
During the 2018-2019 academic year, 32 social sciences majors earned their master's degree from USU. Of these graduates, 56% were men and 44% were women.
The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at USU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 75% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Utah State University with a master's in social sciences.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Social Sciences Majors
Social Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.
|Political Science & Government||52|
|Geography & Cartography||9|
Majors Similar to Social Sciences
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Family, Consumer & Human Sciences||265|
|Communication & Journalism||172|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >