General Biology at Wake Forest Universitybiological & biomedical sciences program at Wake Forest University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Wake Forest University ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biology.
Jump to any of the following sections:
General Biology Degrees Available at Wake Forest University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
- Master’s Degree in Biology
- Doctorate Degree in Biology
Wake Forest University Biology Rankings
In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for biology majors, Wake Forest University came in at #9. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #2 in North Carolina.
Popularity of Biology at Wake Forest University
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Wake Forest University handed out 90 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #275 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 12% over the previous year when 102 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 53 students received their master’s degree in biology from Wake Forest University. This makes it the #25 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in biology in 2019, making the school the #133 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Biology Graduates from Wake Forest University Make?
Salary of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Biology majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Wake Forest University go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $34,700 a year. This is higher than $27,600, which is the national median for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from Wake Forest University Have?
Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Wake Forest University, biology students borrow a median amount of $17,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all biology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,715.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at Wake Forest University is $182 per month.
Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Master's Degree
At Wake Forest University, a typical biology student working on their master's degree borrrows about $41,698 in student loans. This is not favorable since the median amount of student debt for all biology master's graduates is $34,500.
Those master's students from Wake Forest University on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $486 per month.
Biology Student Diversity at Wake Forest University
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Wake Forest University.
Wake Forest University General Biology Bachelor’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 90 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from Wake Forest University. About 56% of these graduates were women and the other 44% were men.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Wake Forest University are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 74% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Wake Forest University with a bachelor's in biology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||9|
|Hispanic or Latino||2|
Wake Forest University General Biology Master’s Program
During the 2018-2019 academic year, 53 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in biology from Wake Forest University. About 38% were men and 62% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Wake Forest University with a master's in biology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||11|
|Hispanic or Latino||3|
Majors Similar to Biology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology||28|
|Physiology & Pathology Sciences||11|
|Neurobiology & Neurosciences||10|
More about our data sources and methodologies.