Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Media Studies at West Virginia State University

Find Schools Near

Communication & Media Studies at West Virginia State University

Communication & Media Studies is one of the majors in the communication & journalism program at West Virginia State University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how WVSU ranks in comparison to other schools with communications programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Communication & Media Studies Degrees Available at WVSU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communications
  • Master’s Degree in Communications

WVSU Communications Rankings

The bachelor's program at WVSU was ranked #522 on College Factual's Best Schools for communications list. It is also ranked #3 in West Virginia.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 154
Best Communication & Media Studies Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 450
Best Value Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 481
Best Communication & Media Studies Colleges for Veterans 508
Best Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 522
Highest Paid Communication & Media Studies Graduates 565

Popularity of Communications at WVSU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, West Virginia State University handed out 22 bachelor's degrees in communication and media studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #486 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 4% over the previous year when 23 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 3 students received their master’s degree in communications from WVSU. This makes it the #237 most popular school for communications master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Communications Graduates from WVSU Make?

Salary of Communications Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Communications majors who earn their bachelor's degree from WVSU go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $25,600 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $31,700 for all communications students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Communications Graduates from WVSU Have?

Student Debt of Communications Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at WVSU, communications students borrow a median amount of $23,327 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all communications bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,749.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the communications program at WVSU is $242 per month.

Communications Student Diversity at WVSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communications majors at West Virginia State University.

WVSU Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 22 communications majors earned their bachelor's degree from WVSU. Of these graduates, 45% were men and 55% were women.

WVSU Gender Breakdown of Communication & Media Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from West Virginia State University with a bachelor's in communications.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Media Studies Majors at West Virginia State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 11
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 3

WVSU Communication & Media Studies Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 3 students earned a master's degree in communications from WVSU. About 33% of these graduates were women and the other 67% were men.

WVSU Gender Breakdown of Communication & Media Studies Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at WVSU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 67% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from West Virginia State University with a master's in communications.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Media Studies Majors at West Virginia State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Communications

Communication and Media Studies students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Speech Communication 22
Communication & Media Studies 3

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You