Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at Western Connecticut State University

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at Western Connecticut State University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how WestConn ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in communication and journalism.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at WestConn

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

WestConn Communication & Journalism Rankings

The bachelor's program at WestConn was ranked #415 on College Factual's Best Schools for communication and journalism list. It is also ranked #9 in Connecticut.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Communication & Journalism Graduates 22
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Journalism 177
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Journalism 291
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Veterans 317
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 358
Best Value Colleges for Communication & Journalism 564

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at WestConn

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Western Connecticut State University handed out 66 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #291 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 28% over the previous year when 92 degrees were handed out.

Communication & Journalism Student Diversity at WestConn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Western Connecticut State University.

WestConn Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 66 students earned a bachelor's degree in communication and journalism from WestConn. About 48% of these graduates were women and the other 52% were men.

WestConn Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 68% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Western Connecticut State University with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Western Connecticut State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 45
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 3

Areas of Concentration for Communication & Journalism

Communication and Journalism students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Communication & Media Studies 65
Radio, Television & Digital Communication 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Psychology 120
Education 92
Social Sciences 39
History 24
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 1

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You