Curriculum & Instruction at Western Governors Universityeducation program at Western Governors University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how WGU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in curriculum.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Curriculum & Instruction Degrees Available at WGU
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum
WGU Curriculum Rankings
The curriculum major at WGU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Curriculum & Instruction. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.
Popularity of Curriculum at WGU
In 2018, 901 students received their master’s degree in curriculum from WGU. This makes it the #2 most popular school for curriculum master’s degree candidates in the country.
Salary of Curriculum Graduates with a Master's Degree
Graduates of the master's curriculum program at WGU make a median salary of $50,400. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all curriculum graduates with a master's is $46,000.
Student Debt of Curriculum Graduates with a Master's Degree
At WGU, a typical curriculum student working on their master's degree borrrows about $11,543 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical curriculum graduate who borrows a median amount of $26,474.
Those master's students from WGU on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $135 per month.
WGU Curriculum Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the curriculum majors at Western Governors University.
WGU Curriculum & Instruction Master’s Program
The curriculum program at WGU awarded 901 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 15% of these degrees went to men with the other 85% going to women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 85% of 2018 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Western Governors University with a master's in curriculum.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||26|
|Hispanic or Latino||45|
Areas of Concentration for Curriculum
Curriculum and Instruction students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
|Curriculum & Instruction||901|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Teacher Education Grade Specific||1,409|
|Teacher Education Subject Specific||1,185|
|Instructional Media Design||639|
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|