Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Agriculture at Western Kentucky University

Find Schools Near

General Agriculture at Western Kentucky University

The General Agriculture major is part of the agriculture & agriculture operations program at Western Kentucky University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how WKU ranks among other schools offering degrees in agriculture.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General Agriculture Degrees Available at WKU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture
  • Master’s Degree in Agriculture

WKU Agriculture Rankings

The bachelor's program at WKU was ranked #16 on College Factual's Best Schools for agriculture list. It is also ranked #1 in Kentucky.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for General Agriculture 7
Highest Paid General Agriculture Graduates 17
Best Value Colleges for General Agriculture 22
Most Focused Colleges for General Agriculture 39

Popularity of Agriculture at WKU

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Western Kentucky University handed out 94 bachelor's degrees in general agriculture. Due to this, the school was ranked #7 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 15% over the previous year when 82 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 20 students received their master’s degree in agriculture from WKU. This makes it the #6 most popular school for agriculture master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Agriculture Graduates from WKU Make?

Salary of Agriculture Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Agriculture majors who earn their bachelor's degree from WKU go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $31,500 a year. This is less than $32,800, which is the national median of all agriculture majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Agriculture Graduates from WKU Have?

Student Debt of Agriculture Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at WKU, agriculture students borrow a median amount of $21,500 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $21,044 for all agriculture majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the agriculture program at WKU is $223 per month.

Agriculture Student Diversity at WKU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the agriculture majors at Western Kentucky University.

WKU General Agriculture Bachelor’s Program

Of the 94 agriculture students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2018-2019 from WKU, about 55% were men and 45% were women.

WKU Gender Breakdown of General Agriculture Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at WKU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 95% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Western Kentucky University with a bachelor's in agriculture.

Ethnic Diversity of General Agriculture Majors at Western Kentucky University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 89
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

WKU General Agriculture Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 20 students earned a master's degree in agriculture from WKU. About 45% of these graduates were women and the other 55% were men.

WKU Gender Breakdown of General Agriculture Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 95% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Western Kentucky University with a master's in agriculture.

Ethnic Diversity of General Agriculture Majors at Western Kentucky University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 19
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Agricultural Production 4
Food Science Technology 3

View All General Agriculture Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You