2021 Top West Virginia Men's D1 Baseball Schools
When it comes to choosing a college, student athletes have a lot of options - but not all of them are good. One of our goals at College Factual is to give you as much information as we can - such as our Best Colleges for Division I Men's Baseball in West Virginia ranking - to help you make that decision.
Our analysis looked at 2 schools in West Virginia to determine which ones were the best for D1 Men's Baseball athletes in West Virginia. To come up with this ranking, we look at a number of factors that are all objective measurements. These factors include the school's overall quality as determined by our Best Colleges ranking and the athletic competitiveness of the school. Thus, in order to rank well, the school must offer a quality education in addition to having a great sports team.
We've developed a number of other tools and rankings to help you make your college decision. Start by filtering this list by location and then explore our other rankings that feature schools great for different groups of students such as online students or returnings adults.
You can create your own custom comparison that focuses on the factors most important to you using our tool, College Combat. If you're torn between two schools, you can use it to help you see how they stack up against one another. Bookmark it so you can compare any new schools that might interest you.
Top Colleges in West Virginia for D1 Men's Baseball athletes in West Virginia
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
Our 2021 rankings named West Virginia University the best school for D1 Men’s Baseball athletes in West Virginia working on their bachelor’s degree. WVU is located in Morgantown, West Virginia and, has a large student population. In 2018-2019, this school awarded 4,561 bachelor’s degrees to qualified undergraduates.
The D1 Men’s Baseball team at WVU made $3,241,121 in revenue, while incurring $2,614,586 in expenses. So, the team made money for the school, bringing in $626,535 in profit. The team has a respectable academic progress rate of 971.
WVU did well in our overall quality rankings, too. It placed #1 on our overall quality list.Request Information
You’ll be in good company if you decide to attend Marshall University. It ranked #2 on our 2021 Best Colleges for D1 Men’s Baseball athletes in West Virginia list. Marshall University is located in Huntington, West Virginia and, has a fairly large student population. In 2018-2019, this school awarded 1,741 bachelor’s degrees to qualified undergraduates.
Speaking financially, the D1 Men’s Baseball team at Marshall University took home $1,142,434 in revenue. The academic progress rate of the team is 958.
In addition to its Best Colleges for Division I Men’s Baseball in West Virginia ranking, and one of the reasons why the school is on the list, Marshall University is ranked #3 for overall quality in West Virginia.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.