2021 Top Alaska Men's Basketball Schools
Student athletes have lots of options to chooose from today when trying to decide which college to attend. One of our goals at College Factual is to give you as much information as we can - such as our Best Colleges for Men's Basketball in Alaska ranking - to help you make that decision.
Our analysis looked at 2 schools in Alaska to determine which ones were the best for Men's Basketball athletes in Alaska. To come up with this ranking, we look at a number of factors that are all objective measurements. These factors include the school's overall quality as determined by our Best Colleges ranking and the athletic competitiveness of the school. Thus, in order to rank well, the school must offer a quality education in addition to having a great sports team.
We've developed a number of other tools and rankings to help you make your college decision. Start by filtering this list by location and then explore our other rankings that feature schools great for different groups of students such as online students or returnings adults.
You can create your own custom comparison that focuses on the factors most important to you using our tool, College Combat. If you're torn between two schools, you can use it to help you see how they stack up against one another. Bookmark it so you can compare any new schools that might interest you.
Top Colleges in Alaska for Men's Basketball athletes in Alaska
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
Our 2021 rankings named University of Alaska Anchorage the best school for Men’s Basketball athletes in Alaska working on their bachelor’s degree. UAA is a fairly large public school situated in Anchorage, Alaska. It awarded 1,148 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
Speaking financially, the Men’s Basketball team at UAA took home $860,013 in revenue.
UAA also made our overall quality list, coming in at #4.Request Information
You’ll join some of the best athletes around if you attend University of Alaska Fairbanks. The school came in at #2 in this year’s ranking. This medium-sized public school is located in Fairbanks, Alaska, and it awarded 602 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
The Men’s Basketball team at UAF brought home $617,706 in revenue in a single year.
UAF also made our overall quality list, coming in at #3.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.