Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Alabama A & M University

Find Schools Near

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Alabama A & M University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how AAMU ranks in comparison to other schools with biological and biomedical sciences programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Degrees Available at AAMU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences

AAMU Biological & Biomedical Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at AAMU was ranked #633 on College Factual's Best Schools for biological and biomedical sciences list. It is also ranked #9 in Alabama.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 272
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Colleges for Veterans 419
Best Value Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 494
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 497
Most Popular Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 553
Highest Paid Biological & Biomedical Sciences Graduates 566
Best Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 633

Popularity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences at AAMU

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Alabama A & M University handed out 57 bachelor's degrees in biological and biomedical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #553 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 21% over the previous year when 47 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 18 students received their master’s degree in biological and biomedical sciences from AAMU. This makes it the #218 most popular school for biological and biomedical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

AAMU Biological & Biomedical Sciences Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biological and biomedical sciences majors at Alabama A & M University.

AAMU Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

Of the 57 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences from AAMU in 2018-2019, 11% were men and 89% were women.

AAMU Gender Breakdown of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 88% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Alabama A & M University with a bachelor's in biological and biomedical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors at Alabama A & M University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 50
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 4

AAMU Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master’s Program

The biological and biomedical sciences program at AAMU awarded 18 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 44% of these degrees went to men with the other 56% going to women.

AAMU Gender Breakdown of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the master's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 94% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Alabama A & M University with a master's in biological and biomedical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors at Alabama A & M University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 17
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors

Biological and Biomedical Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
General Biology 75

Majors Similar to Biological & Biomedical Sciences

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 76
Computer & Information Sciences 39
Communications Technologies & Support 35
Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 29
Physical Sciences 13

View All Biological & Biomedical Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You