Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Physical Sciences at Alabama A & M University

Find Schools Near

Physical Sciences at Alabama A & M University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how AAMU ranks among other schools offering degrees in physical sciences.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Physical Sciences Degrees Available at AAMU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Physical Sciences

AAMU Physical Sciences Rankings

The physical sciences major at AAMU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Physical Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Physical Sciences 463
Most Popular Colleges for Physical Sciences 722

Popularity of Physical Sciences at AAMU

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Alabama A & M University handed out 12 bachelor's degrees in physical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #722 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 33% over the previous year when 18 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 1 students received their master’s degree in physical sciences from AAMU. This makes it the #326 most popular school for physical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

Physical Sciences Student Diversity at AAMU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the physical sciences majors at Alabama A & M University.

AAMU Physical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 12 students earned a bachelor's degree in physical sciences from AAMU. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.

AAMU Gender Breakdown of Physical Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 83% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Alabama A & M University with a bachelor's in physical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Physical Sciences Majors at Alabama A & M University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

AAMU Physical Sciences Master’s Program

All of the 1 students who graduated with a Master’s in physical sciences from AAMU in 2019 were men.

AAMU Gender Breakdown of Physical Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Alabama A & M University with a master's in physical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Physical Sciences Majors at Alabama A & M University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Physical Sciences Majors

Physical Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Chemistry 8
Physics 5

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 76
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 75
Computer & Information Sciences 39
Communications Technologies & Support 35
Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 29

View All Physical Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You