All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 10,383 undergraduate students at American InterContinental University - Online is 603. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 35 to 1 which places American InterContinental University - Online among the worst concerning instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at American InterContinental University - Online, there are 35 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is among the worst regrading instructional attention.|
|A slim percentage of the instructors (9.0%) are full-time.|
All of the 603 instructors are "lecturers" rather than "faculty".
Most Popular Majors
American InterContinental University - Online offers 6 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 6 majors within 5 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, American InterContinental University - Online awarded 2,230 undergraduate degrees in 2015 - 2016.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Business Administration & Management||611||892||1,503|
|Criminal Justice & Corrections||217||274||491|
|Computer Information Systems||0||121||121|
|Design & Applied Arts||0||22||22|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?