Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Appalachian State University

Find Schools Near

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Appalachian State University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how Appalachian State ranks among other schools offering degrees in biological and biomedical sciences.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Degrees Available at Appalachian State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences

Appalachian State Biological & Biomedical Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at Appalachian State was ranked #323 on College Factual's Best Schools for biological and biomedical sciences list. It is also ranked #9 in North Carolina.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 174
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Colleges for Veterans 231

Popularity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Appalachian State

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Appalachian State University handed out 165 bachelor's degrees in biological and biomedical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #174 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 2% over the previous year when 169 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 12 students received their master’s degree in biological and biomedical sciences from Appalachian State. This makes it the #279 most popular school for biological and biomedical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Student Diversity at Appalachian State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biological and biomedical sciences majors at Appalachian State University.

Appalachian State Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 165 students earned a bachelor's degree in biological and biomedical sciences from Appalachian State. About 56% of these graduates were women and the other 44% were men.

Appalachian State Gender Breakdown of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 78% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Appalachian State University with a bachelor's in biological and biomedical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors at Appalachian State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 129
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 8

Appalachian State Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 12 students earned a master's degree in biological and biomedical sciences from Appalachian State. About 50% of these graduates were women and the other 50% were men.

Appalachian State Gender Breakdown of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Appalachian State University with a master's in biological and biomedical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors at Appalachian State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 12
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Biological & Biomedical Sciences

Biological and Biomedical Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Biology 162
Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology 15

Related Major Annual Graduates
Physical Sciences 107
Natural Resources & Conservation 98
Computer & Information Sciences 78
Engineering Technologies 56
Mathematics & Statistics 40

View All Biological & Biomedical Sciences Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You