All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 1,246 undergraduate students at Avila University is 210 . When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 12 to 1 which makes Avila University better than the typical college regarding instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Avila University , there are 12 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is better than the typical college concerning instructional attention.|
|A slim percentage of the instructors (34.0% ) are full-time.|
The vast majority of instructors (99.0%
) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
The Most Popular Majors Students Choose
Avila University offers 46 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 42 majors within 19 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Avila University awarded 291 undergraduate degrees in 2019 - 2020 .
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Computer Information Systems||0||30||30|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||24||24|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?