Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Nursing at Benedictine University

Find Schools Near

Nursing at Benedictine University

The Nursing major is part of the health professions program at Benedictine University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. Also, learn how Benedictine U ranks among other schools offering degrees in nursing.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Nursing Degrees Available at Benedictine U

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
  • Master’s Degree in Nursing

Benedictine U Nursing Rankings

The bachelor's program at Benedictine U was ranked #341 on College Factual's Best Schools for nursing list. It is also ranked #15 in Illinois.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Nursing Graduates 145
Best Nursing Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 155
Best Nursing Colleges for Veterans 191
Best Colleges for Nursing 341
Best Value Colleges for Nursing 508
Most Popular Colleges for Nursing 681
Most Focused Colleges for Nursing 845

Popularity of Nursing at Benedictine U

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Benedictine University handed out 100 bachelor's degrees in nursing. Due to this, the school was ranked #681 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 1% over the previous year when 99 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 176 students received their master’s degree in nursing from Benedictine U. This makes it the #50 most popular school for nursing master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Nursing Graduates from Benedictine U Make?

Salary of Nursing Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Nursing majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Benedictine U go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $69,600 a year. This is higher than $61,050, which is the national median for all nursing bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Salary of Nursing Graduates with a Master's Degree

Graduates of the master's nursing program at Benedictine U make a median salary of $80,900. This is less than what their typical peers from other schools make. Their median salary is $93,100.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Nursing Graduates from Benedictine U Have?

Student Debt of Nursing Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Benedictine U, nursing students borrow a median amount of $13,576 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all nursing bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,387.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the nursing program at Benedictine U is $141 per month.

Student Debt of Nursing Graduates with a Master's Degree

At Benedictine U, a typical nursing student working on their master's degree borrrows about $31,736 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical nursing graduate who borrows a median amount of $41,000.

undefined

Those master's students from Benedictine U on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $370 per month.

Nursing Student Diversity at Benedictine U

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nursing majors at Benedictine University.

Benedictine U Nursing Bachelor’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 100 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in nursing from Benedictine U. About 16% were men and 84% were women.

Benedictine U Gender Breakdown of Nursing Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Benedictine University with a bachelor's in nursing.

Ethnic Diversity of Nursing Majors at Benedictine University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 24
White 47
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 13

Benedictine U Nursing Master’s Program

The nursing program at Benedictine U awarded 176 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 6% of these degrees went to men with the other 94% going to women.

Benedictine U Gender Breakdown of Nursing Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Benedictine University with a master's in nursing.

Ethnic Diversity of Nursing Majors at Benedictine University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 40
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 120

Majors Similar to Nursing

Related Major Annual Graduates
Public Health 250
Health/Medical Prep Programs 62
Allied Health Professions 2
Other Health Professions 1

View All Nursing Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You