Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Boston College

Find Schools Near

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Boston College

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Boston College ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biological and biomedical sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Degrees Available at Boston College

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences

Boston College Biological & Biomedical Sciences Rankings

Boston College was ranked #89 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for biological and biomedical sciences majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #12 in Massachusetts.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Biological & Biomedical Sciences Graduates 68
Best Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 89
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Colleges for Veterans 112
Most Popular Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 121
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 132
Best Value Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 445
Most Focused Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 468

Popularity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Boston College

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Boston College handed out 244 bachelor's degrees in biological and biomedical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #121 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 2% over the previous year when 250 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 1 students received their master’s degree in biological and biomedical sciences from Boston College. This makes it the #523 most popular school for biological and biomedical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 11 students received their doctoral degrees in biological and biomedical sciences in 2019, making the school the #157 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Boston College Biological & Biomedical Sciences Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biological and biomedical sciences majors at Boston College.

Boston College Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 244 students earned a bachelor's degree in biological and biomedical sciences from Boston College. About 53% of these graduates were women and the other 47% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 65% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston College with a bachelor's in biological and biomedical sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 38
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 16
White 158
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 20

Boston College Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master’s Program

All of the 1 students who graduated with a Master’s in biological and biomedical sciences from Boston College in 2019 were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston College with a master's in biological and biomedical sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors

Biological and Biomedical Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
General Biology 213
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 36
Neurobiology & Neurosciences 7

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer & Information Sciences 154
Mathematics & Statistics 87
Physical Sciences 79
Natural Resources & Conservation 28

View All Biological & Biomedical Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You