Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at Brigham Young University - Provo

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at Brigham Young University - Provo

The Information Technology major is part of the computer & information sciences program at Brigham Young University - Provo.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how BYU ranks among other schools offering degrees in IT.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Information Technology Degrees Available at BYU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IT
  • Master’s Degree in IT

BYU IT Rankings

The IT major at BYU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Technology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Information Technology 267

Popularity of IT at BYU

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Brigham Young University - Provo handed out 130 bachelor's degrees in information technology. Due to this, the school was ranked #15 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 165% over the previous year when 49 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 64 students received their master’s degree in IT from BYU. This makes it the #19 most popular school for IT master’s degree candidates in the country.

BYU IT Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at Brigham Young University - Provo.

BYU Information Technology Bachelor’s Program

Of the 130 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Information Technology from BYU in 2018-2019, 83% were men and 17% were women.

BYU Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 81% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Provo with a bachelor's in IT.

Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Brigham Young University - Provo
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 105
Non-Resident Aliens 9
Other Races 9

BYU Information Technology Master’s Program

The IT program at BYU awarded 64 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 88% of these degrees went to men with the other 12% going to women.

BYU Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 83% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Provo with a master's in IT.

Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Brigham Young University - Provo
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 53
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 6

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer Science 212
Computer Information Systems 50
Computer Software & Applications 14

View All Information Technology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You