Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Subject Specific at Brigham Young University - Provo

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Subject Specific at Brigham Young University - Provo

The Teacher Education Subject Specific major is part of the education program at Brigham Young University - Provo.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how BYU ranks in comparison to other schools with subject specific ed programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Teacher Education Subject Specific Degrees Available at BYU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Subject Specific Ed
  • Master’s Degree in Subject Specific Ed

BYU Subject Specific Ed Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for subject specific ed majors, BYU came in at #12. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Utah.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Teacher Education Subject Specific 1
Best Teacher Education Subject Specific Colleges for Veterans 47
Highest Paid Teacher Education Subject Specific Graduates 99

Popularity of Subject Specific Ed at BYU

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Brigham Young University - Provo handed out 179 bachelor's degrees in teacher education subject specific. Due to this, the school was ranked #14 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 22% over the previous year when 230 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 11 students received their master’s degree in subject specific ed from BYU. This makes it the #315 most popular school for subject specific ed master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Subject Specific Ed Graduates from BYU Make?

Salary of Subject Specific Ed Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of subject specific ed students who receive their bachelor's degree at BYU is $37,000. This is higher than $35,000, which is the national median for all subject specific ed bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Subject Specific Ed Graduates from BYU Have?

Student Debt of Subject Specific Ed Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at BYU, subject specific ed students borrow a median amount of $12,551 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all subject specific ed bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,250.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the subject specific ed program at BYU is $130 per month.

BYU Subject Specific Ed Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the subject specific ed majors at Brigham Young University - Provo.

BYU Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 19% of subject specific ed bachelor's degrees went to men and 81% went to women.

BYU Gender Breakdown of Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 91% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Provo with a bachelor's in subject specific ed.

Ethnic Diversity of Teacher Education Subject Specific Majors at Brigham Young University - Provo
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 11
White 163
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 5

BYU Teacher Education Subject Specific Master’s Program

The subject specific ed program at BYU awarded 11 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 27% of these degrees went to men with the other 73% going to women.

BYU Gender Breakdown of Teacher Education Subject Specific Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 73% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Provo with a master's in subject specific ed.

Ethnic Diversity of Teacher Education Subject Specific Majors at Brigham Young University - Provo
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Grade Specific 188
Special Education 53
Educational Administration 29
Instructional Media Design 22
Teaching English or French 14

View All Teacher Education Subject Specific Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You