Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Electrical Engineering at Brigham Young University - Provo

Find Schools Near

Electrical Engineering at Brigham Young University - Provo

Electrical Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at Brigham Young University - Provo.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how BYU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in EE.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Electrical Engineering Degrees Available at BYU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in EE
  • Master’s Degree in EE
  • Doctorate Degree in EE

BYU EE Rankings

The bachelor's program at BYU was ranked #54 on College Factual's Best Schools for EE list. It is also ranked #1 in Utah.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Electrical Engineering Colleges for Veterans 92
Most Focused Colleges for Electrical Engineering 237

Popularity of EE at BYU

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Brigham Young University - Provo handed out 77 bachelor's degrees in electrical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #70 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 31% over the previous year when 59 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 16 students received their master’s degree in EE from BYU. This makes it the #138 most popular school for EE master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 6 students received their doctoral degrees in EE in 2019, making the school the #104 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do EE Graduates from BYU Make?

Salary of EE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of EE students who receive their bachelor's degree at BYU is $67,600. This is higher than $66,600, which is the national median for all EE bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

BYU EE Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the EE majors at Brigham Young University - Provo.

BYU Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 77 students earned a bachelor's degree in EE from BYU. About 5% of these graduates were women and the other 95% were men.

BYU Gender Breakdown of Electrical Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 87% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Provo with a bachelor's in EE.

Ethnic Diversity of Electrical Engineering Majors at Brigham Young University - Provo
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 67
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 2

BYU Electrical Engineering Master’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 16 EE majors earned their master's degree from BYU. Of these graduates, 94% were men and 6% were women.

BYU Gender Breakdown of Electrical Engineering Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at BYU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 81% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Provo with a master's in EE.

Ethnic Diversity of Electrical Engineering Majors at Brigham Young University - Provo
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 13
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to EE

Related Major Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 213
Chemical Engineering 131
Civil Engineering 78
Manufacturing Engineering 71
Computer Engineering 43

View All Electrical Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You