Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Mechanical Engineering at Brigham Young University - Provo

Find Schools Near

Mechanical Engineering at Brigham Young University - Provo

Mechanical Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at Brigham Young University - Provo.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how BYU ranks in comparison to other schools with ME programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Mechanical Engineering Degrees Available at BYU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in ME
  • Master’s Degree in ME
  • Doctorate Degree in ME

BYU ME Rankings

The bachelor's program at BYU was ranked #64 on College Factual's Best Schools for ME list. It is also ranked #2 in Utah.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 1

Popularity of ME at BYU

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Brigham Young University - Provo handed out 172 bachelor's degrees in mechanical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #76 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 2% over the previous year when 175 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 36 students received their master’s degree in ME from BYU. This makes it the #68 most popular school for ME master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 5 students received their doctoral degrees in ME in 2019, making the school the #91 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do ME Graduates from BYU Make?

Salary of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of ME students who receive their bachelor's degree at BYU is $66,200. This is higher than $62,400, which is the national median for all ME bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Salary of ME Graduates with a Master's Degree

Graduates of the master's ME program at BYU make a median salary of $81,200. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all ME graduates with a master's is $78,200.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do ME Graduates from BYU Have?

Student Debt of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at BYU, ME students borrow a median amount of $11,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all ME bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,500.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the ME program at BYU is $114 per month.

BYU ME Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the ME majors at Brigham Young University - Provo.

BYU Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

The ME program at BYU awarded 172 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 92% of these degrees went to men with the other 8% going to women.

BYU Gender Breakdown of Mechanical Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at BYU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 87% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Provo with a bachelor's in ME.

Ethnic Diversity of Mechanical Engineering Majors at Brigham Young University - Provo
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 11
White 149
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 7

BYU Mechanical Engineering Master’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 36 ME majors earned their master's degree from BYU. Of these graduates, 94% were men and 6% were women.

BYU Gender Breakdown of Mechanical Engineering Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at BYU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 83% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Provo with a master's in ME.

Ethnic Diversity of Mechanical Engineering Majors at Brigham Young University - Provo
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 30
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Chemical Engineering 131
Electrical Engineering 99
Civil Engineering 78
Manufacturing Engineering 71
Computer Engineering 43

View All Mechanical Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You