Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Brown University

Find Schools Near

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Brown University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Brown ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biological and biomedical sciences.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Degrees Available at Brown

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences

Brown Biological & Biomedical Sciences Rankings

Brown was ranked #83 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for biological and biomedical sciences majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #1 in Rhode Island.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 83
Highest Paid Biological & Biomedical Sciences Graduates 88
Most Popular Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 150
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Colleges for Veterans 192
Most Focused Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 315
Best Value Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 435

Popularity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Brown

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Brown University handed out 203 bachelor's degrees in biological and biomedical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #150 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 7% over the previous year when 190 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 70 students received their master’s degree in biological and biomedical sciences from Brown. This makes it the #67 most popular school for biological and biomedical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 37 students received their doctoral degrees in biological and biomedical sciences in 2019, making the school the #73 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Brown Biological & Biomedical Sciences Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biological and biomedical sciences majors at Brown University.

Brown Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 203 students earned a bachelor's degree in biological and biomedical sciences from Brown. About 55% of these graduates were women and the other 45% were men.

Brown Gender Breakdown of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brown University with a bachelor's in biological and biomedical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors at Brown University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 48
Black or African American 14
Hispanic or Latino 28
White 81
Non-Resident Aliens 7
Other Races 25

Brown Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master’s Program

Of the 70 biological and biomedical sciences students who graduated with a master's degree in 2018-2019 from Brown, about 43% were men and 57% were women.

Brown Gender Breakdown of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brown University with a master's in biological and biomedical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors at Brown University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 25
Non-Resident Aliens 18
Other Races 7

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors

Biological and Biomedical Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
General Biology 122
Neurobiology & Neurosciences 60
Biotechnology 38
Biomathematics & Bioinformatics 32
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 22
Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology 17
Cell Biology & Anatomical Sciences 11
Physiology & Pathology Sciences 6
Molecular Medicine 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer & Information Sciences 336
Mathematics & Statistics 230
Engineering 228
Physical Sciences 144
Natural Resources & Conservation 18

View All Biological & Biomedical Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You