Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Media Studies at Brown University

Find Schools Near

Communication & Media Studies at Brown University

The Communication & Media Studies major is part of the communication & journalism program at Brown University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Brown ranks in comparison to other schools with communications programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Communication & Media Studies Degrees Available at Brown

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communications
  • Master’s Degree in Communications
  • Doctorate Degree in Communications

Brown Communications Rankings

The communications major at Brown is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Communication & Media Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Communication & Media Studies Graduates 6
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 473
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 886

Popularity of Communications at Brown

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Brown University handed out 32 bachelor's degrees in communication and media studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #473 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 3% over the previous year when 33 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 2 students received their master’s degree in communications from Brown. This makes it the #253 most popular school for communications master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in communications in 2019, making the school the #63 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Brown Communications Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communications majors at Brown University.

Brown Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 32 students earned a bachelor's degree in communications from Brown. About 66% of these graduates were women and the other 34% were men.

Brown Gender Breakdown of Communication & Media Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brown University with a bachelor's in communications.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Media Studies Majors at Brown University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 15
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 4

Brown Communication & Media Studies Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 2 students earned a master's degree in communications from Brown. About 50% of these graduates were women and the other 50% were men.

Brown Gender Breakdown of Communication & Media Studies Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brown University with a master's in communications.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Media Studies Majors at Brown University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You