Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Physical Sciences at Brown University

Find Schools Near

Physical Sciences at Brown University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Brown ranks in comparison to other schools with physical sciences programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Physical Sciences Degrees Available at Brown

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Physical Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Physical Sciences

Brown Physical Sciences Rankings

Brown is in the top 10% of the country for physical sciences. More specifically it was ranked #25 out of 479 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #1 in Rhode Island.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Physical Sciences Graduates 9
Best Colleges for Physical Sciences 25
Best Physical Sciences Colleges for Veterans 46
Most Focused Colleges for Physical Sciences 230
Best Value Colleges for Physical Sciences 266

Popularity of Physical Sciences at Brown

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Brown University handed out 51 bachelor's degrees in physical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #154 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 16% over the previous year when 61 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 54 students received their master’s degree in physical sciences from Brown. This makes it the #30 most popular school for physical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 32 students received their doctoral degrees in physical sciences in 2018, making the school the #73 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Physical Sciences Student Diversity at Brown

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the physical sciences majors at Brown University.

Brown Physical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 55% of physical sciences bachelor's degrees went to men and 45% went to women.

Brown Gender Breakdown of Physical Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Brown are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 59% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brown University with a bachelor's in physical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Physical Sciences Majors at Brown University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 10
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 30
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 2

Brown Physical Sciences Master’s Program

The physical sciences program at Brown awarded 54 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 67% of these degrees went to men with the other 33% going to women.

Brown Gender Breakdown of Physical Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brown University with a master's in physical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Physical Sciences Majors at Brown University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 16
Non-Resident Aliens 33
Other Races 3

Areas of Concentration for Physical Sciences

Physical Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Physics 67
Chemistry 37
Geological & Earth Sciences 33

Majors Similar to Physical Sciences

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 305
Computer & Information Sciences 298
Engineering 239
Mathematics & Statistics 181
Natural Resources & Conservation 29

View All Physical Sciences Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You