Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Administration & Social Service at Brown University

Find Schools Near

Public Administration & Social Service at Brown University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how Brown ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in public administration and social service.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Public Administration & Social Service Degrees Available at Brown

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration & Social Service
  • Master’s Degree in Public Administration & Social Service

Brown Public Administration & Social Service Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for public administration and social service majors, Brown came in at #21. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Rhode Island.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Public Administration & Social Service Graduates 4
Best Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 21
Best Public Administration & Social Service Colleges for Veterans 74
Best Value Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 241

Popularity of Public Administration & Social Service at Brown

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Brown University handed out 42 bachelor's degrees in public administration and social service. Due to this, the school was ranked #464 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 91% over the previous year when 22 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 53 students received their master’s degree in public administration and social service from Brown. This makes it the #245 most popular school for public administration and social service master’s degree candidates in the country.

Brown Public Administration & Social Service Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public administration and social service majors at Brown University.

Brown Public Administration & Social Service Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 48% of public administration and social service bachelor's degrees went to men and 52% went to women.

Brown Gender Breakdown of Public Administration & Social Service Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brown University with a bachelor's in public administration and social service.

Ethnic Diversity of Public Administration & Social Service Majors at Brown University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 21
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 3

Brown Public Administration & Social Service Master’s Program

The public administration and social service program at Brown awarded 53 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 42% of these degrees went to men with the other 58% going to women.

Brown Gender Breakdown of Public Administration & Social Service Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brown University with a master's in public administration and social service.

Ethnic Diversity of Public Administration & Social Service Majors at Brown University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 23
Non-Resident Aliens 15
Other Races 2

Areas of Concentration for Public Administration & Social Service

Public Administration and Social Service students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Public Policy 95

References

Find Schools Near You